Re: Project thing

thi <ttn@mingle.glug.org> writes:

> Klaus Schilling writes:
>

>  > So new entries won't be added before automation is done and the list
>  > moved to the cygnus (?) site that someone else tries to organize, as
>  > the guile analogon for CPAN?
>
> something like that.

Actually, that was the case for the static page (I really, really
didn't want to have to spend a lot of time trying to keep that big
blob of html in good shape), but that's no longer the case. It doesn't
require much work for me to add & modify submissions (it's just a
db-update 'entry, after I make sure it's well-formed), so I don't
think the need for total automation is really pressing right now.

> there is a recognized need for some place to informally (not requiring
> time of the guile developers) gather pointers.  automation is half-way
> there (still needs an "rfc822.scm").  i looked around for such a module
> but could not find it...

I don't think there are any robust implementations for scheme right
now; there are elisp implementations, but I haven't taken the time to
look closely at the bits that do the complex handling (the general
module is pretty much the same as the rfc882.scm that's in the
guile-projects tarball; it's the bits that actually understand the
headers that are more difficult).

--
Greg