Re: readline strategies?

    >> should I copy the libguile/readline.c and include as part of my
    >> code?

    Telford> you can perfectly legally modify the header to be pure
    Telford> GPL and include it in any GPL code that you release.

My short term solution is to not use the newest guile snap-shot.

I was really wondering about the longer term plan.  I'd guess the
right solution to have a libguile-free that implements all of the
nifty GPLed stuff.  I'm wondering if it's hours away, or is planned
"someday".  I gather the answer is someday.

It sounds like the medium term solution is to start building a
libguile-free.  The first person to get one working can put it on the
web.  Sounds like I have a new way to spend my weekend.

    >> Since guile.c seems to be gpled without the exception, is it
    >> going to appear separately with readline RSN?

    Telford> I see this as the ideal way to do it but who knows when
    Telford> it will get released.

Hopefully, the guile with readline will be part of the next guile
1.3.x release.  It's a PR thing.  It's going to look bad if the users
view of the guile command line interface takes a noticable step
backwards.

Thanks,

Clark