Re: Direction

> Python is much harder to learn than Scheme, due to the irregular
> syntax.

    This seems to largely be a mindset thing. Or, to put it another
    way, there are people who think of code functionally and people
    who don't.

    I have an extremely intelligent friend who just doesn't grok
    scheme or lisp. On the other hand, he will happily crank out perl
    and python all day.

    There must be something in some people's brains that keep them
    from grasping the concepts of functional programming. This is the
    one thing that causes me to fear the success of Guile as a
    scripting or extension language. As long as it nothing more than
    simple set! commands in a config file all is well.

    The average perl coder tries to write perl in scheme. I hope I
    don't sound to depressing - edi programming will do that to you.

    -Dave

--
David Tillman <dtillman@sparrowsys.com>

Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming: ``Any sufficiently-complicated C
or Fortran program contains an ad-hoc, informally-specified bug-ridden
slow implementation of half of Common Lisp.''