Re: Where should guile modules store meta data?

David Lutterkort writes:

 > I just dislike C's two-file approach a lot: it forces you to maintain
 > the same information in two files simultaneously, which is a major
 > inconvenience. If the module system needs separate header files, they
 > should be auto-generated from the one module file in a process that
 > should be as painless as possible for the user. Using auto-generated
 > headers, if that's necessary, also offers a great deal more
 > flexibility in changing what should be in the header file without
 > burdening the user with endless hours of cutting and pasting stuff
 > from the implementation to the header ...

yes, autogeneration is nice.  this shouldn't be a big deal to come up w/
in this group.  swig already does this, i believe.

there is also the school of thought that prefers writing the headers
first (and before that, the docs!), so that the interface can be
published and refined early on.  i think someone else mentioned this
already.

in any case, separation should not be required, just supported in a
well-defined way.

thi