[Scott Wimer <scottw@thunder.cgibuilder.com>] a nice regex library

Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:23:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: Scott Wimer <scottw@thunder.cgibuilder.com>
To: gnome-hackers@nuclecu.unam.mx
cc: scottw@cgibuilder.com
Subject: a nice regex library

Hi folks.

I've completed code on what I feel is a nice regex library.  I'm thinking
that it will endup living in glib rather soon.  So, I'd like to get some
critiques on the features that it offers, and or the code i've written for
it.

gregex is built around Philip Hazel's PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular
Expression library).  It provides perl-like functions for working with
regular expressions.

Here's where it's currently living.  I've yet to successfully figure out
auto*, so it's just got a standard Makefile that builds the code into a
test program.
	dev.cgibuilder.com/scottw/code/g_regex/

Here's a list of the functions the library provides:
        g_regex_new
        g_regex_new_with_options
        g_regex_match
        g_regex_match_next