Re: Tired of make.

marcusd@cathcart.sysc.pdx.edu (Marcus G. Daniels) writes:

> MDJ> with one Guile-based tool + a set of databases.
>
> If the result of using such a tool were a system-specifc binary
> install package (dpkg/rpm/swpackage/pkgadd/swmgr), the objection about
> requiring extra tools vanishes -- you get the native distribution
> format.  The rest of the folks that want to do custom source builds
> for whatever reason can install this tool (which makes no assumptions
> about pre-existing GNU support tools for its build).

Another interesting idea is to write autoconfig stuff for Guile
extensions. SART could really use this - after all, if you're building
a package that uses guile, there's nothing wrong in assuming that
Guile is installed.

And I'd really like to be able to output a .c file generated from
Scheme, turn it into a shared lib and then load the library into Guile
with a single procedure (or macro).

--
I refuse to use .sig