Re: Tired of make. Anyone interested in a guile-based replacement?

Marius Vollmer writes:
 > Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj-pc.nada.kth.se> writes:
 >
 > > I think it would be good to replace
 > >
 > > autoconf

So there's no need for guile to read m4 in order to replace it in
autoconf?
M. Stachowiak did already a great job in replacing m4 in window
management configuration.

 > > and autoheader
 > > and aclocal
 > > and automake

So this could be reasonably done without having a perlreader in scheme?

 > > and libtool
 > > and sh

Isn't that what Gordon Maztikite (or similar) is working on , in his
gush project? So maybe one could start from there.

 > > and all auxiliary scripts
 > > and make
 > >
 > > with one Guile-based tool + a set of databases.

That would be great. Especially if the databases are guile hashtable
bases. Aubrey Jaffer already provided some basework for databases in
using external reps of Scheme object.

 > > Taking an entirely new approach to the problem may make it possible to
 > > remove a lot of the complexities involved with configuring, building
 > > and installing.
 >
 > Long live the Lisp Machine!

But not those Symbolic beasts that were slower than a frozen snail.

Klaus Schilling