Re: Misc info for a newbie

> Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 23:44:45 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Klaus Schilling <Klaus.Schilling@home.ivm.de>
> Cc: guile@cygnus.com
> Sender: owner-guile@cygnus.com
>
> ddainese@dsi.unive.it writes:
>  > - How the Guile performance compare in respect to other languages such
>  > as Python, perl or plain C?
>
> startup is, as already said, a poor thing. Runtime speed comparisons
> often lack substance, interpreted python uses to be slower than guile,
> but bytecompiling python is now common practice. Comparing any of
> the scripters with C is utter pointless.

As far as I know, python was always byte-compiled.  I believe the same is
true of perl.  Tcl was not originally byte-compiled but now is.

Mike

Mike Vanier	mvanier@bbb.caltech.edu
Department of Computation and Neural Systems, Caltech 216-76
Will optimize nonlinear functions with complex parameter spaces for food.