Re: goops cvs

Mikael Djurfeldt writes:
 > Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> writes:
 >
 > > I've changed http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/anon-cvs.html to
 > > mention the guile-oops module.
 > >
 > > Mikael, I hope I am not `outing' your code before you are ready!  The
 > > cat's out of the bag now.
 >
 > Well, I would have preferred to expose it when it was finished for
 > release.  But I don't mind.  I won't guarantee any response to
 > questions before that, though.  (In fact, I won't guarantee it
 > afterwards either.  ;-)

And as everyone here knows that there's no such thing as a response
warranty for the guile-core either, only for cvs stuff in case one has
a contract with cyclic software, there's nothing lost.

Up to now, goops looks well enough to replace the external scheme
oo extensions I tried (bos, yasos, scoops, tinyclos, mos, sos, ...)
who are either inefficient even when hobbitted (which doesn't
always work) or deviating largely from CLOS look&feel.

I don't know
yet much about the theory of MOP to value that part at all, though.
The documentation of course could use some ... but it's a lot better
than guile-ref is by now.

Klaus Schilling