Re: Translators and (re)interpreters

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 02:23:50PM -0500, Lynn Winebarger wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Lalo Martins wrote:
> > BTW, what happened to these? I would dare to suggest that we
> > create a translator/interpreter "task force", perhaps with its
> > own list. THis is a very ugly example of vapourware... we
> > advertise it as being one of the coolest features of Guile, but
> > it doesn't exist!!!
>
>     A nice place to start would be having some standard parser generator.
> Slib has one, but it's a "Pratt's style" parser generator, and I'm not
> familiar with those.
>     Any suggestions? (alternatively, documentation on a "Pratt's style"
> parser generator).
>
> Lynn

I've started a JavaScript->Scheme translator and I've wrote some "general"
parser.
I can send it to whoever is interested along with the JavaScript grammar
(for example of it's usage).

WARNINGS:
It lacks documentation.
Maybe it's slow.
It's not module.
It interprets the grammar.

It's GPLed. :)

BTW JavaScript->Scheme will be my graduate work at the Sofia University.
Once it is finished, I'll release it under GPL.

--
Ivan Toshkov