Re: Reader option to permit brackets as parentheses

Telford Tendys writes:
>> But I found that if you use sexp-based motion, marking, killing and
>> yanking rather than line-based motion, marking, killing, and yanking;
>> alot of these issues can be avoided.

TT> I tried but never got into it, probably my thinking is very visual
TT> so moving forwards by a sexp is uncomfortable for me.

TT> Also, scheme is not the only language that I use so changing my editing
TT> habits between languages is a pain. In the end I just shrug and use
TT> line-based motion.

; Note: This discussion (require 'emacs)

Needing sexp-based motion and marking in Scheme has actually learned
me to used it in C programming as well and I really like it. It is
quite convenient to trott along function definitions and blocks.
Simply rolling up and down using C-p and C-n is so inefficient and
moving over paragraphs doesn't seem to work very well in C mode (but
that might be due to my coding habits).

	Lars

--
Lars Arvestad               Dept. of Numerical Analysis and Computing Science
                       Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden