Whinge over Debian distribution

I;m trying to install the binary-i386 pre-compiled guile
from the debian slink tree and I find that the package
libguile4 includes a file called /usr/lib/libqthreads.so.0.0.0
but doing ldd on libguile4.so does not show it trying to link
the libqthreads.so library. I have installed all of the following:

	libguile4_1.3-12.deb
	slib_2c3-3.deb
	libncurses4_4.2-3.deb
	libreadlineg2_2.1-12.deb
	guile1.3_1.3-12.deb

And it still won't work, it gives me undefined qt_error symbol.
Should there be a guile1.4 package that I need? Must I start adding
-lqthreads to my compilation now? Is there a way to auto-detect
whether the system is going to need the -lqthreads or not?

	- Tel