Re: Reader option to permit brackets as parentheses

Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> writes:

> - We want to have modules providing pure R4RS and pure R5RS, but we
> also want to provide a default "Guile Scheme" mode, which is RnRS plus
> whatever extensions we think are really handy.  This is just like what
> every other Scheme system does.  In that, perhaps we should support
> brackets.  Of course, we'll need to pitch in diffs for the Emacs
> Scheme modes so that they understand brackets correctly, match them
> automatically, etc.

I'll contribute the patches for the Emacs scheme modes once guile
accepts [] as groupers.  I also think the scheme mode should support
highlighting of some guile keywords and optargs syntax (perhaps enabled
by a buffer-local variable).

Thanks,
Greg