C + Guile, Hash tables

> > > Hi, I thought I would check up on a pair of projects that interest me,
> > > for 'real world' guile use.  To wit, Greg Harvey's implementation of
> > > auto-resizing hash tables (or whatever name was settled upon),
>
> > That was Jay Glascoe, actually. He put up a tarball somewhere, but I
> > can't find the link right now.
>
> Woops, I think that's the second time I've done that! Anyway, if
> anyone has a reference to this, I would be appreciative, but more than
> anything, I'd like to know if it will be included in the main
> distribution, as extensions like this are kind of difficult to count
> on, unless they are either included, or distributed in some sort of
> centralized and organized way, ala CPAN.  Tcl is a good example of the
> way *not* to do things:-/

Jay Glascoe's implementation can be found at:

http://www.giss.nasa.gov/~jglascoe/GUILE/

To me it sounded as if Jay no longer is interested in working with guile,
so I strongly recommend, to somehow make sure that this code is saved for
guile.  Jay has once put a lot of effort and good ideas into the code.  If
Jay does not oppose, it should be included somewhere in the guile tree, if
not even integrated with the core.

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann