Re: gh_lookup no longer works??

> Actually, gh_eval_str works, but gh_lookup doesn't!  (I would prefer
> to use gh_lookup, which **worked in previous guile versions,** since
> unlike gh_eval_str it doesn't abort with an error if the symbol isn't
> defined.)

That's funny, I NEVER could get gh_lookup() to work, I have
always used scm_symbol_value0() because gh_lookup() does not scan the
full depth of the environment nesting. Possibly you happened to be
lucky that the right symbol ended up defined into the right level
of the environment, now things have shuffled slightly you aren't so
lucky.

Look at the source of scm_symbol_value0() and you should see that
it checks in more places... must admit that I haven't tried the latest
release so I can't say my code still works either (I'm guessing it
will because, at the moment, using guile internals is MORE stable than
using the official API ;-).

	- Tel