Re: C++ clases and GOOPS

Martin Soto <masoto@uniandes.edu.co> writes:

> I have a bunch of C++ classes that I would like to embed into Guile.
> I want to keep the object oriented features when using them from
> Scheme, so it seems to me that GOOPS may be helpful.  Is it possible
> to create GOOPS classes directly from C or C++?  If so, where can I
> find documentation or sample code to learn how to do this?

There is some experimental code for this, but unfortunately no
documentation.

See the file fdi.c.

You can compile it into guile-oops by using the configuration option
--enable-fdi-example.

There is a known bug in this code: getters, setters, and accessors
work, while slot-ref|set! doesn't.  This will hopefully be fixed soon.