Re: Scwm-0.99.2 pre-release available!

On 27 Aug 1999, Greg Badros wrote:

> A pre-release trial version of Scwm is available only via ftp from:
> ftp://upintheair.cs.washington.edu/pub/scwm

I built successfully on HP-UX 10.20, with only minor difficulties;
I had to use the configure options --with-guile-include-prefix
and --with-guile-lib-prefix
to point the build at my guile installation.

Although configure finds the correct gtk-config, it doesn't seem to use
it.  Is there some reason why configure couldn't check the output from
"gtk-config compile" and "gtk-config link", and then test for the
--with-guile options to override them?  I tried to follow what you were
doing guile-wise in configure.in, but it looks extremely complex.

If all this is in fact necessary, perhaps some of it could be hidden in a
good guile autoconf macro...

Steve

--
Steve Tell | tell@cs.unc.edu | http://www.cs.unc.edu/~tell | KF4ZPF
Research Associate, Microelectronic Systems Laboratory