Re: Scwm-0.99.2 pre-release available!

thi <ttn@mingle.glug.org> writes:

> just another data point:
>
> i ran into TAB issues awhile back when running guile in an emacs buffer.
> putting the following in ~/.inputrc and munging some var in readline.c
> made the problem go away:
>
> $if guile			<-- app id defined in C code
> # disable completion
> set disable-completion on
> $endif
>
> in the end, the problem *really* went away when guile stopped supporting
> readline out of the box.  (but i don't know how that affects scwm.)

Unfortunately, I do not want that behaviour either, really.  I like the
completion support, I just don't want tabs to mean completion when there
is no alphanumeric symbol to complete (e.g., leading tabs, and tabs
after whitespace).  Really, I want it to just DTRT, but here I think the
right thing is to have the tabs be converted to spaces before pasting.
(Interestingly, now that I think about it, Scwm could do this for me
when pasting into a guile XTerm window).

Greg