Re: Ousterhout's quote in guile-ref.texi

On 31 Aug 1999, Jim Blandy wrote:

> But if folks think that including Osterhout's quote in that way seems
> mean-spirited, I'll remove it.  I'm not trying to be nasty.  But it's
> a ridiculous situation, and it needs to be punctured somehow.

Has someone ever cared to ask John Ousterhout about the whole thing?  I
find his quote quite amusing because to me it is obvious that the quote is
not to be taken verbally.  I think it would be fair to let him decide,
maybe he'd also like to add some comment.

Reading the quote again, I just have to assume that Osterhout has a good
sense of humour.  Thus, it appears to be strange to remove the quote and
thus imply that he would not take it humourously.

Dirk Herrmann