ooops copyright questions

I've just been reading the COPYRIGHTS file inside the (preliminary?) release
of guile-ooops.  From my reading, this Guile extension differs from most GNU
software in that I must do the following if I want to use it in my code:

1.  Any supporting documentation I write must include a copy of the Paradigm
    Associates copyright notice.

2.  I can't charge a fee for distributing the software without getting the
    written permission of Erick Gallesio.

Requirement #2 seems particularly bad.  Have you tried to negotiate
different terms with Erick?  Doesn't he distribute newer versions of STk
with less restrictive terms.

What about Paradigm Associates?  Can that copyright notice and its
requirements be removed as well by contacting the author of Scheme in One
Defun.  Does any SIOD code even still exist in the source?

				bob