Thread tricks.

Guile does not have Posix threads at present, it uses its own co-operative thread
library. This will only switch threads when certain conditions occur, for exampl
most forms of IO, an explicit use of select and so on. Mikeal can probably
define this more clearly. Thread switches will not occur in ordinary C code.
I have made use of this to allow dumb and easy mixing of threads and Motif
widgets by modifying the Xt event loop so the call to select is replaced by
scmn_iselect. Then everything is fine, without any mutex's!!! I wonder if
the same trick would work for you?

Julian
<satchell@dera.gov.uk>