Re: xlib binding

Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> writes:

> > His plan was to integrate the needed extra functionality for window
> > managers into the Gtk+ framework and then simply wrap that with the
> > existing guile-gtk machinery.  I think this is the right way.  I still
> > have his code, but you might want to contact him directly.
>
> That sounds nice, but wouldn't it also be useful to have a complete
> interface to plain Xlib?

I agree! Also, for the sake of hacking, I am playing with direct
implementation of x11 protocol in guile network code (`socket',
`connect'...) instead of just linking c xlib to guile interface. Do
you think guile is versatile enough that a complete efficient x11
protocol implementation would be possible?