Re: Guile, CORBA and GNOME

Excerpts from ext.guile: 28-Sep-99 Re: Guile, CORBA and GNOME Miguel de
Icaza@gnu.org (702)

> while ILU sort of evolved into [a CORBA ORB].

Golly, I hope not.  We've chosen some parts of CORBA for ILU where they
fit, and ILU generally interoperates with CORBA via IIOP, but important
parts of ILU like distributed garbage collection and strong identity for
objects are never going to be CORBA ideas.  When we add type evolution,
that will be another significant difference.

However, if GNOME is really a CORBA system, you should still be able to
work with it from ILU.

Excerpts from ext.guile: 28-Sep-99 Re: Guile, CORBA and GNOME Miguel de
Icaza@gnu.org (702)

> To integrate with GNOME, I know we need service activation and
> authentication using a special profile encoded in the IIOP stream,
> which I know we can configure in ORBit.

Is this a standard CORBA profile?  Using CORBA authentication?

Bill