Re: Guile, CORBA and GNOME

Klaus Schilling <Klaus.Schilling@munich.netsurf.de> writes:

> Bill Janssen writes:
>  >
>  > That would be an interesting to support ILU's `custom surrogates' (what
>  > Orbix calls `smart proxies').  It might be interesting to re-do Bill
>  > Nell's ILU work with GOOPS (and bring it up to the latest Guile version
>  > at the same time).
>
> Wouldn't Micha Livshi's PINT be better in  this case, as it emphasizes
> interface inheritance?

[ I assume, from the context, that you are talking about me ;]

PINT is long unmaintained and unused.  if somebody finds that it
provides a better abstraction than basic GOOPS for CORBA interfacing
(I don't know), then [s]he could take it over, and start by
reimplementing it with the GOOPS MOP ;).

> Klaus Schilling

--mike

--
The journey of a thousand miles begins with an open parenthesis.
                                                           -- Rainer Joswig