Re: guile-doc/ref/env.texi

russe@ms.com writes:
> Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwen@cs.uu.nl> writes:
>
> >> We would like to use GUILE internally to do variable definition,
> > scoping, evaluating expressions  etc., but the obvious approach,
> > translating
>
> One approach is to expose getter/setter function pairs to scheme, and
> then write the proper defmacro to emulate scoping.  This way the hairy
> part is written in Scheme, rather than in C.

Unfortunately my Scheme is not that good. Where can I find more about
"writing a proper defmacro to emulate scoping". SICP doesn't deal with
macros.

> Whatever you decide, don't go looking in eval.c for an answer.

OK, thanks for the tip.
--

Han-Wen Nienhuys, hanwen@cs.uu.nl ** GNU LilyPond - The Music Typesetter
      http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/hanwen/lilypond/index.html