Re: Using Guile with threads

> From: Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se>
>
> "Frederic Brunel" <brunel@mail.dotcom.fr> writes:
>
> > For informations, I'm using Linux with Posix Threads.
>
> As soon as you link the application with libpthread, it is no longer
> possible to create Guile threads.  This is because Linux pthreads use
> the base of the stack to store internal information.  Since Guile
> threads have their own stacks, anything may happen.

Since it doesn't work, is it possible to make it break in
a more obvious way than "anything may happen".  Say by
ensuring there are definitions for the same symbol that will
make the loader complain if you try to use them both at once?

--
     -- Keith Wright  <kwright@free-comp-shop.com>

Programmer in Chief, Free Computer Shop <http://www.free-comp-shop.com>
         ---  Food, Shelter, Source code.  ---