VM's page.

Has anyone read
http://www.tunes.org/Review/VMs.html#Guile
?
I think it has a good point in that:
  Although the concept is quite nice, the
  implementation looks unhappily quite bloated and inefficient; as
  a result it's quite ok as a glue "scripting" language, but not
  fit for efficient computation.
This is a very good point, since things like scwm suffer greatly fromn this,
especially when contrasted with sawmill (based on rep)
(|http://www.dcs.warwick.ac.uk/~john/sw/sawmill/)
Is anyone looking at this?
although when we get the mythical "new module system" I guess the defalut
guile will be pretty much pure r?rs scheme, with the other bits dyn-loaded in,
or linked in optionally. I this a good guess?

--
-----------| Ceri Storey
   _\|/_   | http://cez.freeshell.org/