CVS annoyances

Hello!

When performing diffs with remote cvs repositories (in this case from
the guile or scwm sites) I always get

"cvs server: <file> no longer exists, no comparison available"

messages.  This file does not exist in my local repository and I assume
it neither does on the server.  Maybe it once existed, but I don't know.
Anyway, how can sync my local repository with the remote one such that
these messages are not displayed any longer? They get more and more.

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann