SRFI string library

Isn't PSI.NET supposed to be clean?

> Subject:   failure notice
>     Date:  22 Nov 1999 19:17:36 -0000
>    From:   MAILER-DAEMON@sourceware.cygnus.com
>       To:  korb@datadesign.com
>
> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sourceware.cygnus.com.
> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

> Sender: bkorb

I wish the stuff had been written before I had started my project :-}
Anyway, two complaints, but otherwise, thank you:

1.  returning undefined/unspecific in the ``xxx!'' procedures
    is a problem.  If I want to ``capitalize-string! ...''
    most likely I have handed it a string generated on the fly
    and I just want to capitalize it.  I don't want a new string
    and I don't have a named place where it lives.  I need
    ``captialize-string!'' to return the SCM value.  I can see
    no purpose to returning undefined, since the result can
    more easily be ignored than hunted for when not returned.

2.  For all places where strings and substrings are searched
    for in larger text blocks, there is also needed regular
    expression searches; both case sensitive and case
    insensitive.

I have a peculiar implementation of #2 that can be leveraged
for a start:

   ftp://autogen.linuxbox.com/pub/autogen-def.tar.gz