Re: Small troubles in startup

"Daschbach, John L" <John.Daschbach@pnl.gov> writes:

> 	>> be done by hand.  Calls to use-modules in the .gule file are not
> visible.
>
> 	>Actually, they are... um, for normal guile invocations, anyway ;).
>
> Not sure what you mean by this.  I'm running a guile built from CVS sources,
> perhaps a week or so old.  For me, even a normal incovation doesn't make symbols
> defined by modules called in .guile visible in the repl.  At least this is true
> for (use-modules (ice-9 popen)) and (open-pipe).  I don't see any real
> difference between a 'normal' invocation of guile and my own invocation.

Oops, I meant to erase that bit before I sent it. It used to work (so
I started out assuming that it still did; stupid thing to do really),
but it did break somewhere along the way. The patch is the simplest
way of doing it, but there might be nicer ways; this really is the
behaviour that should occur.

> Is there any kind of autodoc parser working for guile?  It looks like much of
> the code has been formatted to allow extraction of documentation, or at least
> indexing.

I think it's more for `informational browsing' :)

--
Greg