Re: I resign as Guile maintainer

forcer <forcer@mindless.com> writes:

> Greg Harvey <Greg.Harvey@thezone.net> writes:
>
> > forcer <forcer@mindless.com> writes:
> >
> > > maybe the combination of the "slightly" difficult to grasp bit
> > > tags *and* the evaluator has thrown me off. I'll try again.
> >
> > A quick bit tags primer (not totally rigourous, but enough to make
> > sense I hope)
> [...]
>
> Great! Half of this stuff can be deduced from the sources easily,
> but the rest was well worth reading. nice wrapup. I see quite a
> bit clearer now. thanks :)
>
> I think this would be nice to add to some internals.texi in the
> guile-doc tree. So people trying to get into guile (like me) have
> it a bit easier.

Yeah, I sort of had this kind of goal in mind when I started with the
qdocs (the non-texi versions had a preamble that basically said they
were targeted at internals hackers ;), but with those, in a lot of
cases I ended up cataloging (and not always difficult things, but bits
for which I really wanted reference documentation, like the
common-list module) rather than just dealing with the funkier bits
like the bit tags, the evaluator, full continuations, asyncs... I
actually have a pile of half finished docs for most of these things,
which are somewhat similar to what I posted (i.e. the concepts and
explanations are there, but not necessarily every gory detail about
every function related to 'em). I'll probably start cleaning up and
releasing concept docs after the first release of the gengc (sometime
after next weekend; I've got finals and assignments due ;).

--
Greg