Re: GOOPS (Re: Everyone is thinking about the future)

> > I was thinking more about the GMP library inclusion. The one big
> > problem now seems to be on how to efficiently add numbers. The
> > GOOPS type dispatch seems nice, but i think GOOPS would be a
> > little overhead.
>
> I'd say GOOPS should be used whenever possible, specially if
> the problem is at least remotely similar to object-orientation,
> type abstraction, polymorphism or generic functions.

Mikael gave me reason to believe that the GOOPS dispatch was quite
competitive with the current implementations of +, *, and so on.
Since CLOS-style multiple dispatch is so natural for expressing this
sort of notion, it would be a shame to reject it without hard facts in
hand.