Re: thanks

Dirk Herrmann <dirk@ida.ing.tu-bs.de> writes:

> On 6 Dec 1999, Greg Harvey wrote:
>
> > I'd say give up on portability where it conflicts with making guile
> > more useful. One of guile's big strengths (as other people have
> > attested) is the ability to create new scheme objects and let the
> > system handle them; this probably won't ever be done in a consistant
> > way across different schemes due to the differences in core
> > implementation.
>
> I would not give up (yet) on the attempt to find a general solution, even
> for the generation of new objects.  However, this shouldn't be
> high-priority.

Maybe rephrase that to: ignore, for the time being, portability to
other schemes where it conflicts with making guile more
useful. Actually, having something implemented would provide a base
from which to work towards portability, by finding out how it maps
nicely to other schemes and how it doesn't.

--
Greg