Re: should GOOPS be built-in?

On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 01:21:57AM +0100, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:
> Lalo Martins <lalo@webcom.com> writes:
>
> > > This C interface is just experimental, though.
> >
> > So it should be stabilized before GOOPS comes into core, right?
>
> Nope.  I think it is useful to merge it now.  The C interface is an
> interface by which you can create classes, methods and generic
> functions from an application.  It won't be used initially by the
> Guile core.

I know, or I would have used ``must'' instead of ``should'' :-)
I meant ``should'' as in ``it's a good thing''.

> > > Gregor Kiczales' "The art of the metaobject protocol" is excellent.
> >
> > Where? Is this free? Can it be distributed with GOOPS?
>
> This is a book which you will find at, e.g., Amazon.  Chapter 5, which
> contains the spec of the MOP for CLOS, can be downloaded via
> Kiczales' homepage at Xerox PARC.

So we need at least a brief _free_ intro to be distributed with
GOOPS. If possible, written by someone who read this book.
(Sorry to be playing RMS here, but we just agreed that
documentation is one of the major points to work on. And well,
I actually _like_ RMS, hehehe)

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----