Re: should GOOPS be built-in?

Greg Harvey <Greg.Harvey@thezone.net> writes:

> Wouldn't that be a bit heavyweight? Structs are heavy enough now, but
> a goops class would be a bit heavier, as far as I can tell (which
> isn't to say that structs couldn't use replacing).

That's right.  Do you think it's important to be able to produce new
types at high speed?

For most instances, however, it's a question of one malloc, put in the
type pointer, and go.

Also, if structs are replaced, the representation of classes can be
made less heavyweight.  Finally, if one really wants to produce types
at high speed, one could of course create some kind of "light weight"
classes for that purpose.