Re: Doc Tasks (was RE: docstrings in Guile!)

thi wrote:

> Reynolds, Gregg writes:
>
>  > Now, how exactly is that non-free?
>
> there are factions in free software community that consider only the GPL
> to be free enough for use.  the definition of free in that case is taken
> over all (future) time for all people.

I don't think many people who know what they are talking about think this.
Certainly RMS does not - he agrees there are many free licenses though he
prefers copylefts.

> in any case, my personal preference is texinfo because i like the cute @
> symbols and the emacs support (and dealing w/ "<" and ">" puts my teeth
> on edge).  that is is free in the hardline sense above is a bonus.
>
> i think a reasonable approach deflecting proponents of neither format
> would be to develop interoperable munchers that can recast from one to
> the other.  luckily, someone posted recently that they were working on
> such a system -- i wonder how's that going?

That would be cool, though it would still be preferrable to have everything
in the Guile core in one format for the sake of consistency.

 - Maciej