Re: Doc Tasks (was RE: docstrings in Guile!)

"Greg J. Badros" <gjb@cs.washington.edu> writes:

I suggest you get yourself the current texinfo 4.0 and read it's
documentation.

   Use the @command command to indicate command names, such as
   @command{ls} or @command{cc}.

>   "Use `@code' for environment variables such as `TEXINPUTS', and other
> variables.

   Use the @env command to indicate environment variables, as
   used by many operating systems, including GNU. Do not use it
   for metasyntactic variables; use @var instead (see the
   previous section).

>   "Use `@code' for command names in command languages that resemble
> programming languages, such as Texinfo or the shell.  For example,
> `@code' and `@samp' are produced by writing `@code{@@code}' and
> `@code{@@samp}' in the Texinfo source, respectively."

That's actually reasonable (a function is still code), but if you
want to define what a function does, you can use e.g. @deffn

   Use the @code command to indicate text that is a piece of a
   program and which consists of entire syntactic tokens. Enclose
   the text in braces.

granted, the documentation is partly outdated - texinfo is
evolving too. How about a bug report on your part?
	- forcer

--
((email . "forcer@mindless.com")       (www . "http://forcix.cx/")
 (irc   . "forcer@#StarWars (IRCnet)") (gpg . "/other/forcer.gpg"))