Re: Doc Tasks (was RE: docstrings in Guile!)

guile-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com writes:

>     Maciej> I think the primary reason for preferring DocBook is that
>     Maciej> the documentation people of the world generally like it
>     Maciej> better.
>
> I'm a little leary of that.  Dropping by Borders Books I get the
> impression that the documentation people of the world generally like
> MSWord better.  That leaves DocBook and TeXInfo as niches.

Speaking as a documentation person of the world, I tend to prefer
XML/SGML ways of working; certainly the group I work with are hoping
to use (our own) XML a lot more in the future. But then, I -am- an
incorrigable Emacser.

[What would be useful for Guile would be bindings for expat, with
perhaps a validating parser and XSL/DSSSL transformer built on top of
that. Just a thought.]

--
Andrew Chadwick
System Documentation