Re: typedef struct SCM

> Except that we can't depend on GCC-specific features for guile, since guile
> is supposed to be written in generic ANSI C.

Hey, give me a little credit.  The idea was that this typechecking
would be enabled automatically when __GNUC__ was #defined.  This
wouldn't help other people, but for them there's no way (I can see) to
get strict typechecking and good performance.  And it's my sense that
the majority of people using Guile are also using GCC.