Re: ChangeLog renaming...

"Greg J. Badros" <gjb@cs.washington.edu> writes:
> I think we should heed Jim's advice about renaming the
> libguile/ChangeLog to keep it manageable in size (it's >350kb now).  See:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/changelogs/guile-changelogs_2.html#SEC2
>
> How about
>
> mv libguile/ChangeLog libguile/ChangeLog-1995-1999
>
> and start a new ChangeLog for changes in the new millenium.

Dr. Data Duplication says:

Don't keep ChangeLogs -- generate them on the fly with cvs2cl.pl, then
you can just write cvs log messages and not worry about keeping them
in sync with the ChangeLog entries, or maintaining old ChangeLog
files.  Your ChangeLog entries can show file revision numbers, and
tags.  When you don't need the whole ChangeLog, you can generate it
for only a given date range.  Suddenly, life becomes worth living
again...

See http://www.red-bean.com/~kfogel/cvs2cl.shtml for more.

This lobbying shamelessly brought to you by the author of the
script :-),
-Karl