Re: message primitive

mstachow@alum.mit.edu writes:

> I know people have simple format implementations lying around which only
> do the %s/%S (though probably using ~s and ~S) thing and not all of the
> Common Lisp derived gratuitousness of format.scm. Perhaps we should provide
> one (perhaps called simple-format or something). I don't think exposing that
> specific bit of C code is worthwhile.

I agree too.  printf is very familiar to alot of people.  I do not
agree with the opinions expressed here about gratuitousness in CL
format, having recently excercised a large part of it's conditional
and iteration features, I rather think it's a wonderful tool.  So even
as one who thinks format is the cat's meow, I think exposing printf
thru scheme is definetly a good idea.  I do request that we keep
a CL-style format hanging around.

--
Craig Brozefsky                         <craig@red-bean.com>
Free Scheme/Lisp Software     http://www.red-bean.com/~craig