Re: message primitive

Craig Brozefsky <craig@red-bean.com> writes:

> I agree too.  printf is very familiar to alot of people.  I do not
> agree with the opinions expressed here about gratuitousness in CL
> format, having recently excercised a large part of it's conditional
> and iteration features, I rather think it's a wonderful tool.  So even
> as one who thinks format is the cat's meow, I think exposing printf
> thru scheme is definetly a good idea.  I do request that we keep
> a CL-style format hanging around.

I would like to modify my statement above slightly.  I mean to say
that exposing the printf format style thru scheme would be nice.  This
would mean behaving like format in terms of output to ports or
returning the string is output-port is nil.  This prolly can be done
by just wrapping around sprintf and dealing with the returns string
appropriatly, or maybe a pure scheme implementation.  I did not mean
to imply that just wrapping an interface around printf would be
desirable.

--
Craig Brozefsky                         <craig@red-bean.com>
Free Scheme/Lisp Software     http://www.red-bean.com/~craig