Re: Announce: an XML parser for Guile

At 15:28 10/01/2000 +0100, Jost Boekemeier wrote:
>Thierry Bezecourt <bezecourt@globeid.com> writes:
>
>> I have written a Guile interface to expat, James Clark's XML parser
>> library.  Expat is an XML 1.0, non-validating parser written in C, which is
>> present for example in Mozilla.
>
>> ;; Create the parser object
>> (let ((parser (expat:parser-create)))
>>  ;; Specify callback functions
>

>Hmm.  This is only a SAX style parser, isn't it?

Not exactly SAX, but in the same spirit. You specify callback functions to
be called at "important" points in the document (such as start and end
tags, or text elements). I only wrote an interface to expat.

>>The following functions are extensions to the raw expat interface,
>>but I still don't know exactly what to do here. An object-oriented
>>interface based on GOOPS and maybe DOM would be very convenient.
>
>Have you looked at GDOM and gnome-xml?

No, but I'll see more closely how it works, because it looks interesting
from what you say. I have also in mind the XML::Parser (XML::DOM, etc)
architecture in Perl. Goops, which I am discovering now, will be very useful.

--
Thierry Bézecourt
bezecourt@globeid.com