Re: modguile / apache

> There was talk about a year ago of implementing  something like modguile
> for apache. At the time there were some issues (like gh_enter and the
> problem of finding the top of stack for gc). Has anyone made any progres
> on this front? Anybody doing any scheme cgi type programming?
>
> I'm desperate to dump perl!!!

Well, it's not scheme, but it's close: I have a project that's two Common
Lisp packages to make CGI programming easy.  The URL is
<http://sursis.sourceforge.net/>.  I haven't released anything yet, but
version 0.1 should be out in the next week or two (the documentation's all
screwed up and I need to give it a final once-over for bugs).  Sure, I
*do* prefer writing scheme over Lisp (oh #', how I loathe thee), but CL
beats the hell out of Perl any day of the week.

I haven't done any actual benchmarking (being pre-release that's not
surprising), but simple scripts seem to work faster using CLISP and Sursis
than the corresponding scripts so using Perl and CGI.pm.  Which isn't
surprising since CLISP loads faster (on my system) than Perl does.

Sorry to clutter up the list with moderately-off-topic stuff, but I'd like
to help people move away from Perl anytime I can :).

---
GPG public key: <http://students.washington.edu/tfb/pubkey.asc>