Python transformer for Guile?

(Maybe someone is already working on this, but...)

Is anyone interested in working on a Python translator for Guile?

I guess this is easier to do now that we have GOOPS.  If anyone is
willing to do this, I could provide some support regarding GOOPS.

Guile doesn't currently have a framework for language transformation.
Hopefully, we'll begin working on this after other high priorities,
such as the module system.  But it's probably still a good idea to
start looking into supporting Python already now.

There are two main possible approaches:

1. Use flex/bison (tokens/grammars specified the usual way, but later
   stages done in Scheme).

2. Port some lexer/parser to Guile which can be used from the Scheme
   level.  (There's one written in Scheme in Bigloo.  This could, for
   example, be translated into C or run through Hobbit (after some
   rewriting).  Essence
   (http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/proglang/software/essence)
   probably also is very good, but we have to talk to the authors
   about the license.  Also, I started a fairly rough hack
   aimed at using the flex/bison parsers but with Scheme level
   specifiable tables some time ago.  I'll gladly give you what I
   have.)

   It is essential that the parser itself isn't written in Scheme.  In
   practise this becomes too slow, and we would like people to be
   happy about foreign language support in Guile.

(Please take this only as an uninformed suggestion.  If other people
 have better ideas, please post them!)