Re: New module system wishlist

    Neil> Someone else mentioned backwards compatibility.  My view is
    Neil> that this is an extremely small consideration and should be
    Neil> dropped if there is any conflict at all with other desirable
    Neil> features.  The existing body of Guile code is still small
    Neil> enough that we don't need backwards compatibility that much.

Your body of guile code may be small, but there are quite a few
projects using guile and gratuitous changes in the high level
interface will cause problems.  Changes are ok, but changing things
like the basic syntax "define-module", "export" and company would be
bad.  Guile already has enough problems with compatibility between
releases.

Cheers,

Clark