text munging

In my Copious Free Time (CFT(tm)) when not working on one of the 50
million projects I've "committed" to work on (do not despair; I just
sent a (possibly useless) documentation patch to Greg Badros), I'm
working on some badly mangled text spewed by an OCR program.  Usually I
use perl to rectify the patterned errors I find, but I'd like to use
Guile.  Unfortunately I don't at the moment have time to experiment
much, so I was wondering if somebody on the list could tell me what
Guile's answer to "perl -np foo.pl input.txt" is.  The "input.txt" file
just contains a bunch of search and replace expressions like
"s/foo/bar/g;".  Really simple and easy, especially since it allows me
to break problems into parts and apply a sequence of transformations,
one per line; this aspect of perl syntax has high nift.  If Guile is
going to compete with the likes of perl, it would be Goodness Itself to
be able to do such things with similar ease and smugness.  How would the
guile meisters do this?  (Think "cookbook".)

Obviously this sort of question really belongs on a "guile-users" list,
not a dev list, so I hope you'll excuse it.

-gregg