SWIG and guile

>>>>> "thi" == thi  <ttn@mingle.glug.org> writes:

    thi> have you looked into swig (http://www.swig.org)?  getting
    thi> swig's guile module up to snuff would allow wrapping of
    thi> arbitrary libraries (assuming they have a reasonable
    thi> published interface).

I promised to post SWIG patched for guile a long time ago, but didn't.
SWIG is really nice, but guile doesn't seem to be a priority and the
developers are *really* busy.  Hopefully as guile matures it will
migrate back into the SWIG core.

In anycase, I've added a patched version of guile to my web page.
It's probably not for the faint of heart, but I've gotten a lot of
mileage out of it.  If anybody has patchs for the guile specific
portions of swig send them back to me and I'll try to incorporate
them.  If it's not guile specific, please send the patchs on to SWIG.

The source code is at

<http://superk.physics.sunysb.edu/~mcgrew/guile/pub/swig1_1p5_guile1.tar.gz>

If anybody is feeling energetic, I haven't even begun to add goops
support.

Cheers,

Clark