Re: rfc 2045 base64 encoding/decoding module

sen_ml@eccosys.com writes:

> the routines work on strings and i was wondering whether it might be
> better for them to work on ports.  does anyone have any opinions
> regarding this matter?

FWIW : you can easily convert a string to a port (using
with-input-from-string/with-output-to-string).  so a smart thing to do
would be to write the general routines interms of ports, and provide
wrappers that work on strings.

> once i'm done w/ that, i'm hoping to work on the pack/unpack thing.
> i'm much more familiar w/ the perl version than the python one though
> so what i make may end up more perlish than pythonish (at least at
> first).  i have the same question regarding whether the routines
> should operate on ports as compared to strings.  any opinions?

see above.

--mike

--
Well, I wish you'd just tell me rather than trying to engage my enthusiasm,
because I haven't got one.