This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
Re: on the topic of GC.
- To: mlivshin at bigfoot dot com
- Subject: Re: on the topic of GC.
- From: Clark McGrew <mcgrew at ale dot physics dot sunysb dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 06:25:00 +0900
- CC: dirk at ida dot ing dot tu-bs dot de, jimb at red-bean dot com, guile at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: clark dot mcgrew at sunysb dot edu
>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Livshin <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Michael> indeed. I am personally very interested to know of any
Michael> garbage retention problems in long-running SCM/Guile
Michael> programs on the SPARC. the stack handling on the SPARC
Michael> is such that Boehm goes to considerable kludges to clean
Michael> the stack whenever possible and safe. SCM/Guile's GC
Michael> doesn't. so... any horror stories?
I've been using guile on a SPARC to monitor process status. The
monitor runs for several weeks at a time and it doesn't grow with
time. Not exactly proof that there isn't a problem, but it's one data